If your teeth are crooked or crowded, at some point, you’ve probably thought about getting braces. But traditional braces, although an effective option, isn’t the only option to straighten your teeth. At home straightening kits are becoming a popular option to fix smiles – and for good reason. They are less expensive, convenient, and some ways, just easier. However, not everyone is a good candidate, so if you are on the fence about what options you have to straighten your teeth, read on to see if at home straightening kit might work for you.
Straightening Kit Questionnaire
- Do you have healthy teeth (no gum disease, jaw issues or tooth decay)?
- Do you only have moderate straightening needs (a few crooked teeth)?
- Can you commit to wearing a clear aligner every day?
- Do you have a busy schedule that might not allow orthodontist appointments?
- Are you working with a tighter budget?
If you answered yes to these questions, then an at home straightening kit could be a great option for you.
Why Use an At-Home Teeth Straightening Kit?
- It’s affordable. Compared to traditional braces, at home straightening kits are a more affordable option to straighten teeth. Treatment with braces can cost closer to $5,000, plus any costs associated with orthodontist appointments. Depending on which brand of straightening kit you choose, clear aligners can save you a few thousand dollars.
- They are more convenient. With an at home straightening kit, there is no need to visit the orthodontist office because your entire treatment is done at home. You’ll still receive guidance from a qualified professional, but you won’t have to leave the comfort of your home to fix gaps, crowding, or other smile problems in a matter of months. So, if missing work, school, or finding childcare for orthodontist appointments could be an issue, an at home straightening kit may be a good option for you.