It’s important to know the proper technique of brushing your teeth to effectively remove plaque and prevent periodontal disease, gingivitis, and other serious oral conditions.
To brush your teeth, you first need to choose a soft bristle brush that is an appropriate size for your mouth. If the brush is too big to reach the back of your mouth, choose a smaller head. Next, grab your timer and set for 2 minutes. Yes, two whole minutes! Then follow these easy steps:
1. Use a pea-sized amount of toothpaste, one that contains fluoride.
2. Tilt the brush at a 45-degree angle against the gum line, then use a sweeping motion away from the gums.
3. Use short gentle strokes, using back and forth motions. Also, include the gum line and back areas around all your teeth.
4. Go along the inner, outer surfaces of the teeth. Next, go along the chewing surfaces of the teeth. Be sure to spend enough time to thoroughly clean each section.
5. Be sure to gently brush your tongue too. This will keep your breath fresh.
By following these simple steps, you will increase the likelihood of good oral health and a bright smile.