Choosing a dentist can be difficult. With many elements to consider, the decision can get overwhelming. We are here to help. If you are in the market for a new dentist, first, ask yourself these five questions:
- Is this dentist close by? Choose a dentist that is close to home or work. This will make appointments convenient for you and your family.
- Do you have specialized needs to take care of? Are you looking for a Pediatric dentist for a child? An Orthodontist for braces? Or maybe a Periodontist for a specialized procedure? If you answered yes, this will change how you search for a dentist. If you aren’t sure, read more about dental specialists here.
- Are you trying to stay in your dental network? Using a network dentist will grant you lower out of pocket costs. You can still use an out of network dentist, but we recommend staying in network to maximize savings.
- Have you sought out recommendations? When looking for dental care, it doesn’t hurt to ask family or friends for recommendations.
- What kind of appointment availability do you need? As you narrow down your search, call potential dental offices to see what hours and days of the week they are open. Do they offer after-hours appointments? While you have them on the line, it doesn’t hurt to ask how far out they are booked.
You can search for a dentist through our provider search here.
If you are still unsure about your choice, we suggest meeting for a consultation to see if they are a good fit. Sometimes it’s best to meet your future dentist in person first. Take a list of questions you may have, and see how you feel before scheduling your dental procedure.
Luckily, with Dental Select, we have over 200,000 access points in our nationwide network, which gives you plenty of dentists to choose from. So if you aren’t comfortable with a particular dentist, you can change your dentist at any time.