Reports to: Chief Information Officer
Works with: All departments as needed
FLSA Status: Exempt
Department: IT/Enterprise Systems
Location: Corporate Office
As a Scrum Master you’ll develop and lead high-performing, multi-discipline teams, instilling in them a clear vision and a passionate drive. You’ll play a leading role in fulfilling the vision, driving the implementation of our products and setting standards for our teams to follow.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Act as a leader to our software development team
- Oversee design, implementation, QA, and validation of programming code and products
- Create project outlines and timelines and distribute responsibilities to team members
- Facilitate daily scrums, stand-ups, and meetings to monitor project progress and resolve any issues the team may be experiencing
- Shape team behavior through excellent management via the agile method
- Remove project obstacles, develop solutions with team
- Ensure milestones are reached and deadlines are met throughout project lifecycle
- Build strong relationships with stakeholders, application users, and product owners
- Document progress and communicate to upper management and stakeholders
- Take responsibility for successful product delivery
- Experience in the Scrum Master role for at least two years for a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory
- Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
- Knowledge of various well-documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach
- Experience managing major software go-live projects including weekly progress reporting
- Documented experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing
- Must possess excellent interpersonal communication skills, both verbal and written
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field required
- Knowledge of the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Five or more years’ experience with Azure DevOps, Jira or similar Agile sprint planning solutions
- Five or more years’ experience with Microsoft Project or similar project management solutions
- Master’s degree preferred
- Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) certification
- 5-7 years’ experience in information technology (IT) project management required
An individual should demonstrate the following competencies to successfully perform the essential functions of this position:
Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates excellent group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; Maintains confidentiality and uses appropriate discretion; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
Interpersonal – Is sensitive to the needs, feels and capabilities of others; Approaches others in a non-threatening and pleasant manner and treats them with respect; Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Listens to others without interrupting; Remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
Written Communication – Organizes and expresses ideas and information clearly, using appropriate and efficient methods for conveying information; Writes clearly and informatively; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
Quality Management / Quality Control – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Completes high quality work according to specifications; Thoroughly follows standards and procedures; Keeps complete records; Pays attention to details; Has a strong sense of quality and knows how to achieve it; Does work right the first time, correcting own errors; Regularly produces accurate, thorough, professional work.
People Management – Delivers results by maximizing organizational effectiveness and sustainability; Ensures that people have the support and tolls they need and that the workforce as a whole has the capacity and diversity to meet current and longer-term organizational objectives; Aligns people, work and systems with the business strategy to harmonize how they work and what they do; Conscientiously assigns performance goals, offers year-round performance feedback, and conducts timely performance discussions and reviews; Holds themselves, their employees, and their department(s) accountable for their actions.
Reliability – Personally responsible; Completes work in a timely, consistent manner; works hours necessary to complete assigned work; Is regularly present and punctual; Arrives prepared for work; Keeps commitments.
Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully before making decisions; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics; Adapts well to changing priorities, deadlines and directions; Works to eliminate all processes which do not add value; Takes action, even under pressure, criticism or tight deadlines; Takes informed risks; Recognizes and accurately evaluates the signs of a problem; Analyzes current procedures for possible improvements; Notifies supervisor of problems in a timely manner.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle, type, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
While this job description attempts to describe the essential functions of this position, it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. It does not restrict the right of Dental Select or its representatives to assign or reassign duties or responsibilities to this position at any time.