Who is Dental Select?
Dental Select is the nation’s largest independent and privately-held dental insurance company. Founded in 1989, the company specializes in providing and administering customizable fully-insured and self-funded group dental plans, along with individual and family dental plans, for nearly half a million members nationwide. We’re always looking for passionate and skilled professionals to join our crusade of disrupting the rest of the insurance industry through innovative technologies and outstanding customer experience.
What are the benefits of working with Dental Select?
- – Competitive salary
- – Company-subsidized health insurance
- – Free dental and vision coverage
- – 401(k) with company matching
- – 3 weeks of vacation for all new employees
- – Paid maternity and paternity leave
- – Tuition reimbursement
- – Company wellness program
- – Financially solid organization with steady growth
Current Job Openings
Job Title: Administrative Assistant/Receptionist
Reports to: Customer Care Supervisor
Works with: Entire company/general public
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Department: Customer Care
Location: Corporate Office – Salt Lake City, UT
Summary: The Administrative Assistant/Receptionist provides critical first impressions, internal and external customer support to members, vendors, customer support. Duties also include answering/transferring calls, appointment scheduling, administrative projects, and some event and vendor coordination. Must be able to learn quickly and have the confidence to work independently. Maintains regular consistent and professional attendance, punctuality, and personal appearance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Greet callers by answering multi line phone system, screen calls, and route accordingly
- Greet in office visitors including members and vendors, issue badges, and direct accordingly
- Research return mail; make outbound calls verifying data and gathering updated information; enter info into DS system
- Coordinate and distribute internal and external orders and deliveries
- Maintain updated department directories and phone extension lists
- Receive and sort daily mail and distribute accordingly
- Complete expense reports
- Maintain reception area, conference rooms, prep kitchen, etc.
- Maintain Executive calendars
- Maintain conference room calendars
- Coordinate catering orders for meetings
- Ad hoc projects and duties as assigned
- Professional demeanor and appearance
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication
High School Diploma required. College education preferred.
English peaking, Spanish a plus
Network Recruiter – Utah
Job Title: Network Recruiter – UT
Reports To: Provider Relations Supervisor
Works With: External Dentist Offices & All Operations Depts.
FLSA Status: Exempt
Department: Provider Relations
Location: Corporate Office in Salt Lake City, UT
Directs and performs all activities related to the recruitment of Dental Service Organizations (DSO’s), dental groups and individual dentists into the Dental Select Network via telephone, mail, and electronic outreach. Responsible for administrative functions including using a complete knowledge of the organization’s plans, products, and services to secure in – network provider contracts; coordinating implementation of Network onboarding, and continuous service to contracted providers. Works with Provider Relations team to coordinate, develop, monitor, and manage dental provider recruitments, fee schedules, and other special projects under the supervision of the Supervisor, Provider Relations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establishes and executes a telephone, electronic, and mass mail communication strategy and process for recruiting non – participating providers into the Dental Select. Enter every contact and activity into Salesforce.
- Negotiates all contracting with dental providers and handles all issues or questions concerning contracting and credentialing processes.
- Reviews pending contracts for completeness and provides supporting required documents for Network participation.
- Enters applications and contracts into Salesforce and sends onboarding documents to providers.
- Handles changes to existing provider contracts ensuring requests are completed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Interacts with internal departments when handling product, process, and provider issues/questions. Investigates issues, develops solutions, and resolves problems.
- Maintains daily records of activity.
- Produces weekly and monthly reports on recruitment and negotiation activities.
- Provides information and prepares reports on forecasting recruitment and negotiations.
- Serves as a liaison between Dental Select, external dental provider offices, groups or DSO’s and operational departments.
- Makes presentations to dental offices, dental groups, and DSO, both participating and non-participating dentists.
- Provides creative input on marketing ideas for Dental Select. Reports on regional and national competitor’s marketing efforts and dental office presence.Supervisory Responsibilities:
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, or Communications.
- Requires two years’ face to face sales, client relations or contract negotiation experience. Experience in Dental insurance or Dental Service Organizations (DSO’s) highly regarded.
- Requires effective verbal and written communication skills to negotiate agreements and prepare documents.
- Ability to develop and facilitate network growth and maintenance strategies within assigned territory.
- Must have working knowledge of Microsoft products.
- Must be self-motivated, able to work independently and accept responsibility to achieve goals with limited supervision.
Customer Care Supervisor
Job Title: Customer Care Supervisor
Reports to: Director of Operations
Works with: All Departments
FLSA Status: Exempt
Department: Customer Care Department
Location: Corporate Office – UT
Summary: Responsible for monitoring the day to day activity of the Call Center and the performance of call center staff. Duties include but will not be limited to staffing, scheduling, monitoring call quality, managing call volumes, and adjusting scheduling and staffing as needed; coaching staff. Leads the department in meeting pre-established key performance indicators and reports on results.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor call queues using InContact software and realign staff as needed for adequate call coverage
- Monitor productivity of Customer Care agents using InContact system
- Monitor calls for quality and accuracy
- Provide timely coaching and feedback to staff
- Utilize the 4 Disciplines of Execution strategy to achieve departments Wildly Important Goal (WIG) and support company’s overall WIG.
- Respond to escalated calls from members, brokers, and providers in a timely manner with appropriate solutions
- Improve KPI’s by recommending departmental changes in staffing, process flows, call structures, etc.
- Respond to staff questions related to company policies and procedures
- Maintain agent attendance, PTO, and payroll records
- Communicate company policy and procedural changes to staff
- Work on ad hoc projects as assigned
This position supervises/oversees Customer Care staff who resolve customer telephone and email inquiries related to Company’s products and services.
- Minimum 2 year’s supervisory experience in an inbound call center
- Proven ability to lead a team and achieve quantifiable results
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook; Office Suite proficiency preferred
- Proven ability to perform effectively while multitasking in a fast-paced call center environment
- Ability to take initiative and follow through on tasks from idea to implementation and post implementation
- Ability to analyze trends, forecast needs, and implement plans using analytical data
- Ability to act decisively and be assertive in order to meet department’s goals
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- College degree preferred
Customer Care Representative
The Customer Care Representative accurately responds to customer, provider and broker inquires while projecting a positive attitude and professional representation of Dental Select’s services and products in an inbound call center environment.
Working under the supervision of the Customer Care Supervisor, the Customer Care Representative is responsible for interacting with customers, brokers, and providers responding to inquiries regarding benefit plans, eligibility, claims, billing inquiries, customer complaints, provider fee schedules, etc.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Answering and handling inbound calls from external customers professionally and responding to customer inquiries and complaints.
- Providing accurate and timely information to inbound callers regarding Dental Select’s service and product information, including but not limited to: eligibility, benefits, plan designs, fee schedules, networks, claims, and company policies and procedures.
- Handling co-worker and customer requests received electronically or in-person, in a timely, professional and accurate manner.
Completing call reports and logs as necessary; updating details of comments, inquiries, complaints and actions and documenting within appropriate database.
- Following up on complicated customer calls as applicable.
Researching required information; obtaining and evaluating all relevant data to resolve customer complaints and inquiries.
- Recognizing, properly documenting, and informing the department’s Supervisor, Team Lead or Manager regarding escalation of customer complaints.
- Must be punctual; by the designated start of the workday, candidate must be logged into all necessary software applications and be available to receive inbound calls.
- Basic computer skills along with basic Microsoft application skills.
- Must have great communication skills and the ability to work with others. Should be flexible and adapt to company and/ or policy and procedural changes.
- Perform effectively in high stress situations while multitasking.
- Must be capable of comprehending and accurately explain benefit plans, claims payments, fee schedules, company policies and procedures, etc.
- Should possess an interest in working with internal and external customers with the ability to effectively and professionally handle agitated callers.
- Excellent telephone etiquette and the ability to maintain confidential information is required.
- A general knowledge of the insurance medical or dental industry is preferred.
High School diploma required. Previous call center experience is preferred.
Fluency in the English language is required. Multi-lingual speaking ability is highly regarded. Spanish preferred.