Job Title: Network Recruiter (Utah)
Reports to: Provider Relastions Supervisor
Works with: External Dentist Offices, Marketing, All Operations Teams
FLSA Status: Exempt
Department: Provider Relations
Location: Corporate Office in Sandy, UT
Directs and performs all activities related to the recruitment of Dental Service Organizations (DSO’s), dental groups and individual dentists into the Dental Select Network via telephone, mail, and electronic outreach. Responsible for administrative functions including using a complete knowledge of the organization’s plans, products, and services to secure in – network provider contracts; coordinating implementation of Network onboarding, and continuous service to contracted providers. Works with Provider Relations team to coordinate, develop, monitor, and manage dental provider recruitments, fee schedules, and other special projects under the supervision of the Supervisor, Provider Relations.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Establishes and executes a telephone, electronic, and mass mail communication strategy and process for recruiting non – participating providers into the Dental Select. Enter every contact and activity into Salesforce.
- Negotiates all contracting with dental providers and handles all issues or questions concerning contracting and credentialing processes.
- Reviews pending contracts for completeness and provides supporting required documents for Network participation.
- Enters applications and contracts into Salesforce and sends onboarding documents to providers.
- Handles changes to existing provider contracts ensuring requests are completed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Interacts with internal departments when handling product, process, and provider issues/questions. Investigates issues, develops solutions, and resolves problems.
- Maintains daily records of activity.
- Produces weekly and monthly reports on recruitment and negotiation activities.
- Provides information and prepares reports on forecasting recruitment and negotiations.
- Serves as a liaison between Dental Select, external dental provider offices, groups or DSO’s and operational departments.
- Makes presentations to dental offices, dental groups, and DSO, both participating and non-participating dentists.
- Provides creative input on marketing ideas for Dental Select. Reports on regional and national competitor’s marketing efforts and dental office presence.
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, or Communications.
- Requires two years’ face to face sales, client relations or contract negotiation experience. Experience in Dental insurance or Dental Service Organizations (DSO’s) highly regarded.
- Requires effective verbal and written communication skills to negotiate agreements and prepare documents.
- Ability to develop and facilitate network growth and maintenance strategies within assigned territory.
- Must have working knowledge of Microsoft products.
- Must be self-motivated, able to work independently and accept responsibility to achieve goals with limited supervision.
An Individual should demonstrate the following competencies to successfully perform the essential functions of this position:
- Oral Communication: Speaks clearly and persuasively in all situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; participates in meetings.
- Written Communication: Organizes and expresses ideas and information clearly using appropriate and efficient methods for conveying information; writes clearly and informatively; presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information.
- Professionalism: Approaches others in a tactful manner; maintains confidentiality and uses appropriate discretion; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments.
- Quality Management / Quality Control: Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; completes high quality work per specifications; thoroughly follows standards and procedures; keeps complete records; pays attention to details; has a strong sense of quality and knows how to achieve it; does work right the first time, correcting own errors; regularly produces accurate, thorough and professional work.
- Customer Service: Manages difficult or emotional situations; responds promptly to management and employee needs; solicits feedback to improve the business; demonstrates timeliness and responds to requests for assistance; meets commitments; listens and responds effectively to customer questions; resolves customer problems to the customer’s satisfaction; respects all internal and external customers; uses a team approach when dealing with customers; follows up to evaluate customer satisfaction.
- Organization: Able to manage multiple projects; able to determine project urgency in a practical way; uses goals to guide actions; creates detailed action plans; organizes and schedules people and tasks effectively.
- Flexibility: Performs a wide variety of tasks and changes focus quickly as demands change; manages transitions from task to task effectively; adapts to varying customer needs.
Reporting Relationships & Contacts
Reports to the Supervisor, Provider Relations. Daily contact includes dental consulting groups, Dental Service Organizations, dental groups, individual dental offices, internal and external departments at Dental Select.
May require unaccompanied travel. Must have a valid driver’s license and an acceptable credit history to demonstrate ability to independently manage travel expenses and reimbursements. Must have ability to lift boxes of marketing materials weighing 20 pounds. The employee will work in a “cubicle” for most the workday, the noise level in the environment is generally quiet.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle, type, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
While this job description attempts to describe the essential functions of this position, it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. It does not restrict the right of the Company or its representatives to assign or reassign duties or responsibilities to this position at any time.