Fast, Efficient, and Easy.
Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) is an exchange of all types of data between a provider’s practice and Dental Select. By submitting your claims electronically, your practice will see a considerably shortened turnaround time for claim payments and a remarkable reduction in postage and labor costs.
EDI will speed up your revenue cycle and increase your office’s efficiency. How? It’s simple. EDI is a standardized system that transmits claims and claims information electronically. It eliminates the need for paper-based dental claims because it processes everything, including attachments, instantly and electronically. And because it uses a secure, cloud-based solution, your office can send and receive electronic documents in minutes instead of days. As for your reimbursements, they can take as little as 7-15 days. Combine this with the low costs associated with EDI, and your practice will save even more when switching to electronic claims processing.
Benefits of Sending Claims By EDI:
- Increase claims efficiency
- Decrease costs associated with claims processing
- Faster reimbursements
- Fewer claims denials
- Easier to track claims
- No more manual tracking or mailing
Popular Data Exchanges & Transaction Numbers
- EDI 837 File – Claim files sent electronically rather than being printed and mailed or faxed
- EDI 835 File – Remittances, attachments, X-rays, charts, DICOM, etc.
All You Need to Get Started Is To…
Create a File
Practice management software vendors and claims clearing houses provide tools that create files using data from your billing system.
Transmit the File
Payers are able to receive files via their network. Their network can be used to transmit files to payers and partners. Connected vendor clearinghouses also offer access to national payers.
Receive and Review Reports
Payers, clearinghouses, and practice management vendors provide various reports that allow you to track the transmission of your electronic files.
How Do I Get Started?
First, either contact your practice management software vendor or contact a Dental Select approved clearinghouse through one of the links below:
- APEXedi: 1-800-840-9152 or email@example.com
- Change Healthcare: 888-371-9066 or 866-777-0713
- DentalXChange: 1-800-576-6412, ext. 455
- Health Choice (Emdeon): 1-888-255-7293 or DentalSupport@emdeon.com
- TesiaPCI: 1-800-724-7240 or contact representative at firstname.lastname@example.org
- UHIN: 1-877-693-3071 or www.uhin.org or email@example.com
For personalized assistance, call us toll-free at 800-999-9789 and a Dental Select Customer Care representative can walk you through the process.
Dental Select also accepts attachments and other supporting documentation electronically to further expedite the electronic claims process via NEA. You can learn more about NEA by visiting their website at www.nea-fast.com.