Our Response to COVID-19 

March 16, 2020

Our mission at Dental Select is to make things simple. We believe that mission is more important now than ever before. Amidst so much uncertainty, you can be certain of our commitment to you and the health of our members. That’s why we wanted to reach out personally to share what Dental Select is doing, consistent with CDC and local government recommendations, to help reduce the spread of COVID-19 and ensure continued operations.

    • Our first priority is the safety of our associates. We have transitioned the majority of our staff to work remotely through at least the end of May. A small number of associates remain in the office where we are implementing safe distancing procedures. The front desk of our home office in Sandy, Utah remains open during normal business hours.
    • We encourage members to use our web portal and/or mobile app for information about their plan, including accessing ID cards. Click here to sign up for free.
    • Likewise, we encourage brokers and group administrators to use our web portals for administering their employer plans. We’ve made several updates in the last few weeks that make employee management smoother than ever. Our technology team has elevated systems monitoring in place to ensure uptime and performance for increased traffic.
    • We recommend provider’s offices take advantage of our automated faxback system to verify patient benefits and eligibility. Simply call 1-800-999-9789 and follow the prompts. In addition, you can now verify patient benefits and eligibility online using our provider portal.
    • The most important part of our business is processing and paying claims. More than 90% of all claims are already processed automatically by our systems. The remaining 10% will be processed manually using normal operating procedures. Similarly, our Enrollment and Account Management teams have modified protocols to ensure any administrative or eligibility items are addressed in a secure and timely manner.

We will continue to share any updates via email, this post and others on our website, as well as our official social media channels.

Our goal is to make all of this seamless for you. Undoubtedly, we will learn more as we go. In the event you do encounter any difficulty, please send us a note at memberservices_web@dentalselect.com or contact our Customer Care team at 1-800-999-9789 between the hours of 7 AM to 6 PM Mountain Daylight Time, Monday through Friday.

Keep smiling.

Mark Coyne – President